CHA Classified Ads
Classified Ad Details
Victory Therapy Center, a PATH Premier Accredited center located in Roanoke, TX is seeking CHA or PATH Certified TR instructors
PATH Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructor
Overview: Therapeutic Riding Instructors assist with all aspects of the therapeutic riding program. This includes maintenance of rider records, including progressive lesson planning, rider goal planning and quarterly reports, choice and care of horses and equipment best suited for client’s needs. Helps with rider-specific events/competitions; provides hands on instruction to riders daily and keeps current lesson plans and progress notes. This role also serves as a liaison to volunteers and parents of their riders.
Reports to: Therapeutic Riding Program Manager
Compensation – Full Time or Part Time (30 hours a week)
- Teach Therapeutic Riding (TR) classes as assigned
- Assist with sick/vacation coverage as needed
- Select horse and tack to suit assigned riders
- Choose and maintain equipment, tack, props required for TR classes
- Comply with all Agency requirements and meet due dates, including: daily progress notes, call in times, quarterly reports, and annual justifications
- Complete lesson plans for all classes, including horses, volunteers, and general plan for lesson
- Maintain all assigned Private Rider paperwork including quarterly updates
- Assist Equine Director in evaluating prospective horses for the program
- Assist Equine Director in schooling program horses
- Provide written requests for all temporary and permanent schedule changes to appropriate designee
- Assist with and attend competitions as coach to participating riders as well as show preparation
- Provide a safe, positive, compliant, and healthy work environment
- Communicate in a clear and professional manner with co-workers, volunteers, clients, and parents.
- Comply with Victory Therapy Center Instructor dress code
- Communicate with volunteers and TR Manager regarding schedule needs
- Assist with training of volunteers for the day to day operations
- Teach monthly volunteer orientation/training if needed
- Assist with special needs field trips, and group volunteer projects
- Assist with any and all barn and facility upkeep, as well as office duties when time allows i.e.; class cancelled – clean stalls, fill water troughs, lawn maintenance, answer phones, vacuum, clean bathrooms, etc.
- Participate in fundraising and special events for Victory
- Is familiar with and ensures that all PATH Standards applicable to TR Instructors are followed and complied with
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee may be required to lift up to 65 pounds
- Must be able to walk and stand on a constant basis.
- Victory Therapy staff works on a ranch that maintains horses for therapeutic services. Therapists, Instructors and other service employees work outside on a regular basis with access to a barn and must interact with horses while providing services to clients. Staff must be comfortable working outdoors during all four seasons in a ranch/farm environment.
- Certified as a riding instructor through Path Int’l, CHA, or ARIA or equivalent.
- Must be Path certified or willing to complete Path Certification.
- Certified in CPR/First Aid/AED
- Previous experience in working with individuals with special needs
- Demonstrated experience working with horses
- Demonstrates a professional manner in working with volunteers, staff, and community
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office experience
- Attention to detail and ability to meet multiple deadlines while working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to make independent decisions, demonstrate leadership ability, and build relationships
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, flexibility, team player, creative thinker and must have an acute attention to detail in writing and in managing multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently with attention to detail
- Previous experience working with volunteers
- Previous experience with client/donor database software (Salesforce)
Applicable PATH Standards
A33 – Follows procedures to ensure selection of equine and equipment for rider and equine as well as appropriate volunteer assignments
A34 – Ensures proper fit of equipment to equine and participant
A35 – Completes required tack safety checks
F29 – Ensures arena gate is closed during program activities
F31 – Ensures that arena is clear of objects that might injure
F32 – Ensures tacking and grooming areas are clean and clear of obstacles
F33 – Ensures minimal distractions and disruptions during activity
EQM 2 – Assists with evaluation of horses for the program
EQM 3 – Assists with training and condition of program horses
EQM 5 – Ensures a soundness check is completed prior to use to ensure horses are sound
*MA 1 – Ensures all EAT activities are conducted by a PATH Int’l Certified Riding Instructor
MA 2 – Ensures mounts and dismounts are performed by trained personnel
*MA3 – Ensures all saddles have appropriate safety stirrups
*GA1 – Ensures all EAL activities are conducted by an appropriate PATH Int’l Certified professional
ESK1 – Ensures participant progress notes are available
10600 Dunham Road
Roanoke, Texas 76262, United States