The Certified Horsemanship Association is a 501(c)3 non-profit membership association, founded in 1967. CHA certifies equine professionals, accredits equine facilities and provides resources to programs and equine professionals in the form of published industry standards for equestrian programs, student horsemanship manuals and equine professional manuals. Additionally, program materials are offered by CHA including student awards and certificates, posters and other educational resources. The mission statement for CHA is to promote excellence in horsemanship safety and education for the entire horse industry.
CHA Purpose & Mission Statement
To promote excellence in safety and education for the benefit of the entire horse industry. This is accomplished by certifying instructors, accrediting equine facilities, producing educational conferences and publishing educational resources such as horsemanship manuals, DVDs, safety video shorts, webinars, a monthly radio show, blog, posters and much more. Certified Horsemanship Association is a 501(c)3 non-profit association. Your donations are tax deductible.
Code of Ethics
- As an individual member or program member of The Certified Horsemanship Association (CHA) in good standing I acknowledge my obligation to uphold the highest standards of horsemanship both at home and when in the public eye. In carrying out the role of providing service to the horse industry, I recognize the need to do so in a professional manner and to deal with the public and our colleagues with the highest degree of integrity.
- I shall conduct myself in a manner consistent with CHA’s mission to promote excellence in safety, fun, and education for the benefit of the entire horse industry.
- I shall uphold CHA’s Standards for Equestrian Programs to the best of my knowledge and ability.
- I shall adhere to the professional standards of CHA and to work to further CHA’s goals and objectives.
- I shall place the most emphasis on the well-being, safety, and enjoyment of my participants and horses.
- I shall maintain a high level of professional competence by adhering to the continuing education requirements as set forth by CHA. In doing so I realize that increased knowledge enhances basic knowledge and provides new knowledge allowing me to share this expanding knowledge with my students and clients.
- I shall acknowledge my membership in this professional community and my responsibility to demonstrate respect for my fellow professionals at all times.
- I shall instill confidence among clients and the public in CHA and in the horse industry avoiding any action conducive to discrediting the horse industry or membership in CHA.
CHA Why Statement
“CHA changes lives through safe experiences with horses.”