Horse Riding Instructors
Camp Cayuga – Honesdale, PA , USA
POSITION: HORSEBACK RIDING INSTRUCTORS
COMPANY: CAMP CAYUGA – HONESDALE, POCONO MOUNTAINS, PA
* We are seeking fun, enthusiastic, experienced horseback riders who are capable of providing quality instruction in horsemanship on all levels of ability.
* The Horsemanship Staff is comprised of a Director, an Assistant, and 8-12 instructors who have documented experience in horseback riding, as both a competitor and teacher/coach.
* Instruction is geared to the camper's individual skill level, and is patient and thorough with due regard for both safety and enjoyment. Instructors are trained, evaluated, and qualified by the Horsemanship Director at camp prior to camper arrival.
* Cayuga features a top-quality Horseback Riding Program in a traditional camp setting, providing campers a well-rounded activity program with the opportunity to horseback ride every day!
* Equitation classes from beginner to advanced levels.
* English and Western styles.
* Horse Jumping, Scenic Trail Riding, Horse Shows, Horseback Overnights, Evening Trail Rides, and Horse-Care Instruction.
* Our commitment to safety is evident in the selection of our horsemanship staff, the format of our riding lessons, the condition of our facilities, and the quality of our tack and equipment.
* New Stables with tack room & office.
* 20+ Horses.
* 2 Instructional Riding Rings with a variety of jumps.
* Wooded Pastures.
* 5 miles of Scenic Trails on the camp property.
* Petting Zoo for our miniature horse, calf, goats, and bunnies.
* Competitive salary & travel allowance.
* Meals, lodging, and laundry service are provided.
* Staff gratuities range between $400 to $1500.
* Nights-off and days-off are scheduled throughout the summer.
* Staff lounge features internet access.
* Only 2½ hours from New York City & Philadelphia.
HORSEBACK RIDING INSTRUCTOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Seeking mature individuals with high moral character, who exhibit strong teaching skills, good leadership ability, an outgoing personality, and the ability to work hard.
* Provide top quality instruction at all skill levels.
* Ensure campers enjoy themselves and experience success.
* Assist in organizing & supervising Horse Shows.
* Care for the horses & petting zoo animals.
* Care for and maintain the camp's activity equipment.
* Maintain high-level safety standards.
* Keep the program area clean, neat, and organized.
* Genuinely enjoy living & working with kids on a 24-hour basis.
* Certification in first-aid, CPR, horse first-aid, and CHA is preferred.
TO APPLY: Complete the Camp Cayuga online employment application at www.campcayuga.com. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone: (440) 871-7749. To learn more about applicant requirements, job benefits, and positions available, refer to the Employment Section on our website.
Contact InformationMolly Bisson
PO Box 151
Peapack, NJ 7977Phone: 440-871-7749