Horsemanship Director at sleepaway camp
Camp Cayuga – Honesdale, Pocono Mountains, PA , USA
* We’re seeking a fun, enthusiastic, mature individual who has experience supervising a Horsemanship Program for children. This position requires high moral character, strong leadership & management skills, good teaching ability, an outgoing personality, and the ability to be organized & work hard.
* The Horsemanship Staff is comprised of a Horsemanship Director, an Assistant, and 8 Instructors with experience teaching horseback riding to children of all ages and skill levels.
* Instruction is geared to the camper's individual skill level, and is patient and thorough with due regard for both safety and enjoyment.
* Cayuga features a top-quality Horseback Riding Program in a traditional camp setting, providing campers a well-rounded activity program with the opportunity to horseback ride every day!
* Equitation classes from beginner to advanced levels.
* English and Western styles.
* Horse Jumping, Scenic Trail Riding, Intercamp Horse Shows, Horseback Overnights, Evening Trail Rides, and Horse-Care Instruction.
* Our commitment to safety is evident in the selection of our horsemanship staff, the format of our riding lessons, the condition of our facilities, and the quality of our tack and equipment.
* New Stables with tack room & office.
* 18 Horses.
* 2 Riding Rings with a variety of jumps.
* Wooded Pastures.
* Miles of Scenic Trails on the camp property.
* Petting Zoo for our miniature horse, calf, goats, and bunnies.
* FREE camp tuition for your children.
* Competitive salary & travel allowance.
* Meals, lodging, and laundry service are provided.
* Nights-off and days-off are scheduled throughout the summer.
* Staff Lounge with internet access & satellite television.
HORSEMANSHIP DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensure top-quality instruction at all skill levels.
* Campers enjoy themselves and experience success.
* Prepare a course outline and organize lessons from beginner to advanced levels.
* Manage & supervise all instructors.
* Maintain high-level safety standards.
* Care for the horses & petting zoo animals.
* Keep the program area clean, neat, and organized.
* Genuinely enjoy living & working with kids.
* Possess a good sense of humor, and the ability to laugh!
* Conduct training sessions with instructors.
* Evaluate and qualify each instructor at camp prior to the camper's arrival.
* Enforce the principles & policies, as well as the objectives & philosophy of Camp Cayuga.
* Certification in first-aid, CPR, horse first-aid, and CHA is preferred.
TO APPLY: Complete the Camp Cayuga online employment application at www.campcayuga.com. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone: (440) 871-7749. To learn more about applicant requirements, job benefits, and positions available, refer to the Employment Section on our website.
Contact InformationMolly Bisson
PO Box 151
Peapack, NJ 7977Phone: 440-871-7749