FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information and Photos
Contact: Terri Weaver – Membership Services Director
859-259-3399 or tweaver@CHAinstructors.com
Administrative Assistant Position Available
at the Certified Horsemanship Association
(August 2019) – The Certified Horsemanship Association (CHA) is seeking an Administrative Assistant. This position, which reports to the Membership Services Director, is a non-exempt, part-time (25-30 hours/week) position. The Administrative Assistant will help CHA staff in the day-to-day operations of the CHA corporate office in the areas of membership and program services. The position is an office position in the CHA corporate office in Lexington, Kentucky.
Job responsibilities include:
- Providing outstanding customer service to all CHA members
- Answering and directing phone and email inquiries as needed
- Maintaining office order and cleanliness
- Shipping items to trade shows, clinics, conferences, etc.
- Data-entry, word processing, and filing as needed
- Ensuring clinics are properly listed on the CHA website, packets are properly assembled for distribution, and incoming clinics are properly reported and filed
- Assisting in revising all CHA paperwork as needed
- Collecting dues and contacting members as needed
- Maintaining office supply inventory and office equipment as needed
- Processing orders, shipments, and mailings in a timely manner
- Insuring professional appearance of all shipped material
- Performing any other tasks as requested by the Membership Services Director
The Administrative Assistant must have skills and experience in the following areas: clerical work, filing, shipping, and maintaining inventory, and be able to provide professional customer service. Verbal and written communication skills are a must. The Administrative Assistant is expected to be customer service-oriented in attitude and appearance.
This position requires lifting of objects up to 40 pounds and may include travel to the annual CHA International Conference and/or CHA board meetings.
The Certified Horsemanship Association is a non-profit membership association that provides services and educational materials and products for riding instructors, equine facility managers, camp staff, universities with equestrian programs, and others. CHA offers a variety of certifications for equine professionals and accredits equine facilities.
To apply for the position, please email a resume, cover letter, and references to office@CHAInstructors.com with “Administrative Assistant Job” in the subject line.
To keep up-to-date on all news from CHA, please sign up for the CHA monthly email newsletter at www.CHA.horse.
CHA Instructors Change Lives Through Safe Experiences with Horses. The purpose of CHA is to promote excellence in safety and education for the benefit of the horse industry. CHA certifies instructors and trail guides, accredits equestrian facilities, publishes educational manuals, produces educational horsemanship DVDs and YouTube Safety shorts, and hosts regional and international conferences. For more information on the largest certifying body of riding instructors and barn managers in North America, Certified Horsemanship Association, please visit www.CHA.horse or call 859-259-3399. To find a certified horseback riding instructor or accredited equine facility near you, visit www.CHAinstructors.com.